Empowering You through Education and Research Assistance
If you are a psychology student participating in a lab at Oakland University you are on the right page and you are eligible to apply for our SJSF Conference Grant!
Making a Positive Impact
Supporting students in their journeys toward intellectual discovery is an important aspect of our work. Shelby Jane Seyburn participated in professional conferences regularly, and they greatly benefited her in many ways. The connections she created and knowledge she gained through like-minded colleagues were what contributed to her passion for PTG. We hope to spread the same benefits to other OU students looking to make a positive impact in our communities.
Please read the following before submitting
Application For Conference Grant
- Travel to or virtually attend/present at academic or professional conferences (all regional, national, and international conferences will be eligible), including registration fees (but not membership fees) for virtual conferences.
- Travel to or virtually participate in professional research related skills training workshops.
- Travel to conduct research activities (e.g., travel to study site to collect data, etc.)
Shelby Jane Seyburn Foundation - Conference Grant Instructions
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2021 for all events dated April 1 – November 30, 2021.
You must complete the application electronically by clicking the “Fill Out Application” button below.
A recommendation from your faculty supervisor is also required. Faculty recommendations will be submitted online. A link will be emailed directly to the Faculty member.
Ensure all information is completed correctly prior to submitting application.
Amounts vary: Applications for domestic travel may receive up to $600.00 Applications for international travel may receive up to $1000.
This grant is for students seeking financial assistance to attend a Lab Related Event.
- Lodging: Requested daily rates must not exceed $999
- Note: if you are sharing a room with other students, you will be reimbursed for your % of the room expense (e.g. Room rate is $300 and (2) students share a room, we will reimburse you for $150).
- Meals: Requested daily rates must not exceed $99
If you have questions regarding the eligibility of an item for funding which is not on the above list, please email Dr. Kanako Taku at firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Grant Schedule
The SJS Conference Grant Program has two rounds per academic year (with deadlines of March 31 and November 30).
|Travel Grant Round||For Travel During|
|February 19, 2021 – March 31, 2021||April 1, 2021 – November 30, 2021|
|October 15, 2021 – November 30, 2021||December 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022|
- Applicants will be notified via email as early as April 1, 2021.
- Reward recipients will be required to submit invoices/receipts for all expenses incurred, as well as, proof of event attendance in order to receive financial reimbursement. Recipients will be reimbursed for the total amount of the receipts up to the amount awarded.
- Funds will be distributed via check within two to three weeks of receipt submission.
Award Cancellation Policy: If you are awarded a Conference Grant but are unable to attend or would like to decline your award, please notify the SJS Grants Chair at info@ShelbyStrong.Life Attn: Eden Floyd