The SJS Foundation - Travel Grant
We are currently NOT accepting applications
The Shelby Jane Seyburn Foundation Travel Grant was founded by the family and friends of Shelby Seyburn and the students and staff of Oakland University to honor the memory of Shelby, a 2017 Oakland University honors graduate, who lost her life in a car accident in 2017.
Our Program Is Twofold: 1) To maximize learning opportunities and foster educational experiences among undergraduate and graduate students. 2) To support the research efforts of the Oakland University Psychology Department by funding grants to students for the specific purpose of participation in professional event.
Eligibility: All Psychology students participating in a lab at Oakland University are eligible to apply for the SJS Travel Grant. Dollar amounts of grant awards fluctuate each lab related event based on our investment earnings. Amounts vary from $250 to $1,000 or more. This grant is for students seeking financial assistance to attend a Lab Related Event.
Lab Related Event means:
- Travel to attend/present at academic or professional conferences (all regional, national, and international conferences will be eligible)
- Travel to participate in professional research related skills training workshops
- Travel to conduct research activities (e.g. travel to study site to collect data, purchase research materials, such as, poster board, etc.)
Please read the following before submitting an application:
Shelby Jane Seyburn Foundation Travel Grant Instructions
- Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2019 for all events April 1 – November 30, 2019.
- You must complete the application electronically.
- A recommendation from your faculty supervisor is also required. Faculty recommendations will be submitted online. A link will be emailed directly to requested Faculty Member.
- Ensure all information is completed prior to submitting application.
Shelby Jane Seyburn Foundation – Travel Grant Next Steps
- Applicants will be notified via email as early as April 8, 2019.
- If awarded a travel grant the awardees will be required to submit receipts after the event and will be reimbursed for the amount requested in the application. Funds will be distributed via check within two to three weeks of receipt submission.
- Applicants who were not awarded are eligible to reapply during subsequent rounds in the same fiscal year.
- Award Cancelation Policy: If you are awarded a Travel Grant but are unable to attend or would like to decline your award, please notify the SJS Grants Chair at info@ShelbyStrong.Life Attn: Eden Floyd
- Any questions should be directed to Dr. Kanako Taku at: office phone: 248-370-2309; email: firstname.lastname@example.org